[muglo] Re: Troubleshooting OS X e-book

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 16:54:04 -0400

On 8-Aug-05, at 11:38 AM, Leith Peterson wrote:

> Regarding my question about disk utilities for OS 10.3, I believe
> I've found the answer in the e-book I just bought:  Troubleshooting
> OS X, 2nd ed.  I think it's definitely worth the $15 US.  It covers
> Jaguar (10.2) and Panther (10.3) and is about 500 pages long.
>
> The author recommends "at a minimum you purchase both Disk Warrior
> and either Drive 10 or Tech Tool Pro."  He recommends in a later note
> Disk Warrior 3.0.1
>
> However, if any of you have any anecdotal experience you'd like to
> share, pls let me know.
>
> I definitely recommend checking out this book if you're using Jaguar
> or Panther:
>
> http://www.thexlab.com/book/troubleshootingmacosx.html
>
> Leith

As usual, I think you are being grossly over protective & cautious
without adequate reason. OS/X Disk Utility; Disk First Aid equivalent;
does a good basic job. Karl has some good suggestions for freebies,
both of which I have tried out. Mac world gave a good rating to both.
Disk Warrior is generally considered to be the best for X, but Tech
Tool was upgraded fairly recently & is good.
TTFN,
TeeC