[muglo] Tech Tool Pro and OS X?

  • From: Leith Peterson <leithriver7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 07:40:10 -0400

I was just looking in the MUGLO archives for information on utilities
for OS X.  It appears that Norton is a definite no no?  I have Norton
for OS X and  9, but just use it for the virus protection at present
on my iBook G3 combo.

However, I just learned yesterday that Apple's Disc Utility will only
repair permissions, so now I'm wondering about alternatives for
checking the hard drive.  I have had bad experiences with Tech Tool
Pro and OS 8.6/9, but do you think it has got better with OS X?  What
are people using with OS X?

Pls let me know.  Thanks.

Leith