[muglo] Re: Spotlight

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 23:49:24 -0400

On 5-Aug-05, at 1:00 PM, Karl Hochmann wrote:

> Ilbert,

> the desktop. When I now write to that CD, It writes to a second
> [image of the] icon.
>
> When I then insert that disk, two icons appear on the desktop. Not
> only do I have to struggle to have this CD ejected, but it also
> refuses to be erased claiming that it is in use.
>
> I dared to speculate that perhaps Spotlight had registered the
> existence of both disks and would resist the erasing process.
>
> I have to admit my speculation misfired. Do you have a better idea?
>
> Karl

I am presuming, possibly falsely, that you are using Mac's "Burn" tp
save data. Burn has had a number of strange issues since inception. I
use "Toast" & have never had problems; Burn (Mac O/S X) often doesn't
recognize certain drives, unless they are "Apple approved". Toast
doesn't care a hoot.

TTFN,
TeeC