[muglo] Re: Q & A

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 00:25:38 -0500

On 22-Dec-06, at 5:11 PM, Joseph Nolan wrote:

> Tee,
>    If he has the new Imac with the camera, he doesn't need the
> headphones. the mic and speakers are built in also.

Please don't treat me as if I just fell off the Turnip truck. I've
been around Macs for 20 years. Macs have had speakers built in for
years, some models even had mics, but if you are phoning someone it
is not normal for the whole house to hear.

> If he has the older Imac (I am assuming this is the case, for why
> would he have a camera?),

Because he bought one earlier, before he bought the iMac, for his G4.
Hawk has two locations, miles apart. His reply confirms that he has a
camera.

> then he needs the headphones. If one is well heeled, you
> can get USB connected headphones that have a built in sound card.
Why the hell would you? It's for Skype, not sound recording!

> Better quality, but about 50 bucks or more. I agree on the Mac
> Outpost comment.
> Best wishes for a happy holiday to all,
> Joe Nolan

TTFN,   TeeC