[muglo] Re: Postscript printing

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:12:13 -0400

On 13-Sep-05, at 2:26 PM, William R McGrath wrote:

> I have made the big swithch to system ten (Panther) but can't get my
> printer drivers (Laserwriter Select 300) into OS X.
>
> It seems that Apple is no longer making postscript, nor any other,
> printers. Are postscript printers still being sold/used or are the new
> laserwriters really that good?

Sorry for the late response, but I was in Maine for a week or so. The
problem is that there are no O/S X drivers for the LW Select 300. The
new ones, such as the inexpensive Samsung ($200 or less), are not built
as well, but are much faster, have greater DPIs (Dots Per Inch) & are
O/S X compat.
TTFN,
TeeC