[muglo] Postscript printing

  • From: William R McGrath <wmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:26:17 -0400

I have made the big swithch to system ten (Panther) but can't get my printer
drivers (Laserwriter Select 300) into OS X.

It seems that Apple is no longer making postscript, nor any other, printers.
Are postscript printers still being sold/used or are the new laserwriters
really that good?

I know I have missed something but then that is nothing new for me. Since I
retired, there has been an alarming increase in the number of things I have
no knowledge of whatsoever.

Would you folks please enlighten me on the state of printing today. What
should I be looking for in printing technology. My current setup includes
the aforementioned postscript printer and an Epson Stylus Photo R200.

Bill McGrath