[muglo] Pen drives or Flash drives?

  • From: Kathryn-Jane Hazel <k.j.hazel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:32:55 -0800

Dear Muglo-ites:

I called  up my friendly neighbourhood Mac shop guy and asked about a
Pen or Key drive - he didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

He called me back and suggested I get a Piccolo USB Flash Drive, made
by Sonnet, and said it is like a card that you insert (?). Have any of
you heard of this?  What is the difference between a Flash Drive and a
Pen or Key drive?

What would be the optimum size for someone like myself, who does mainly
word processing with no graphics - 128 MB or less?  I calculated that
if I put every document I ever created that I now have on disk it would
take up less than 100 MB.

And I thought I had this storage problem figured out at last....

Cheers,

Kathryn