[muglo] Re: Pen drives or Flash drives?

  • From: Mary <iMary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:05:59 -0500

At 11:32 PM -0800 1/29/04, Kathryn-Jane Hazel wrote:

>I called  up my friendly neighbourhood Mac shop guy and asked about a
>Pen or Key drive - he didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

Hmm, these little devices are known by a variety of names, but I'm
surprised he was a bit slow on this...

>He called me back and suggested I get a Piccolo USB Flash Drive, made
>by Sonnet, and said it is like a card that you insert (?). Have any of
>you heard of this?  What is the difference between a Flash Drive and a
>Pen or Key drive?

They are all the same kinda thing. Here's info on the Sonnet:
<http://www.sonnettech.com/product/piccolo.html>

>What would be the optimum size for someone like myself, who does mainly
>word processing with no graphics - 128 MB or less?  I calculated that
>if I put every document I ever created that I now have on disk it would
>take up less than 100 MB.

I would recommend getting at least 128, even if you think you won't
need all that storage yet. I have one of these Flash drives, I find
it very useful.

  Mary