[muglo] Re: Patchburn and LG GSA 4163B w Firewire Case

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:52:43 -0400

On 30-Aug-05, at 11:02 AM, Leith Peterson wrote:

> .....  I'm still digesting the technical info, but, to cut to the
> chase, do I really need this to just do simple data burns?

No, not with O/S X
> And thanks, Eric and Tee, re that I should get a Firewire case for
> the LG GSA 4163B internal.  Cutting Edge said they will do trade-ins,
> but 20% will be taken off.

Does that mean that you have already bought the USB one?

> Do you think I should just go for the slightly more expensive LG GSA
> 5163D external?  And would I need Patchburn just to do data burns with
> this model?
>
> Pls let me know.  Thanks.
>
> Leith

The advantage of the Firewire/USB case is that it is "Hot Swapable",
which in simpler terms means that you can swap the internal drives; ie:
drop min a large hard drive; as well as unplug the case when the
computer is running; just drop the drive in the Trash & turn it back
on, or plug it in again and it will show up on the desktop. HTH.
TTFN,
TeeC