[muglo] Patchburn and LG GSA 4163B w Firewire Case

  • From: Leith Peterson <leithriver7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:02:17 -0400

Thanks Gerhard.  Now that I'm looking at the info again, it appears
to be called Patchburn, not Patchwork:

www.patchburn.de

As you say, it allows Mac applications to see an unsupported drive.
It's available for Jaguar, Panther and Tiger.  I'm still digesting
the technical info, but, to cut to the chase, do I really need this
to just do simple data burns?

And thanks, Eric and Tee, re that I should get a Firewire case for
the LG GSA 4163B internal.  Cutting Edge said they will do trade-ins,
but 20% will be taken off.

Do you think I should just go for the slightly more expensive LG GSA
5163D external?  And would I need Patchburn just to do data burns
with this model?

Pls let me know.  Thanks.

Leith