[muglo] Re: Mostly Digital Sponship

  • From: Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 18:26:38 -0400

I agree with the previous members replies that there should be one rule
for all possible supporters.   If there has been a misunderstanding
between the Executive and Mostly Digital, then I think the time is ripe
to rectify the situation!  Mostly Digital have provided the free space
when we asked for it - even though it may have produced some sales for
them as a result - so what - as the saying goes "business is business"
!!  If we didn't allow them to do that then they would have no motive
in letting us have the space free!  After all when others 'sponsor' us
by making a donation to have an advert on our web page, I imagine that
they hope for some business to come about because of it!!! So what's
the difference!!!  I would say that anyone who supports us by a
donation of dollars or free space for a meeting should be treated in
the same manner!  I don't think it is unreasonable to keep Mostly
Digital on the list of sponsors if Randy is prepared to let us use his
space for a meeting when we wish, with a reasonable mutual agreement of
time.

I probably won't be popular for saying this, but I think it is a fair
assessment of the situation! I am sure many of us have made purchases
at Mostly Digital or Mostly Mac (the former name) - I know I have and
their staff have always been most courteous!

Paul