[muglo] Re: Lost file - the latest in the continuing saga

  • From: Kathryn-Jane Hazel <k.j.hazel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 08:05:44 -0800

Hi Eric:

I'm totally baffled - why would the file be in PowerPoint, which I've
never used and was not using at the time the file disappeared?

I've searched in Finder and it can't locate the file.

When I click on the title of the file listed under recent documents, it
says I can't access it because the file cannot be found.

Also, I don't understand how I can update Office for X to 10.1.5 from
downloading it from the internet.  Don't I have to pay for it at some
point?  And isn't it better to have the original disks for the program?
(I don't right now, which has made things more difficult.)

The frustrating thing about all  these problems is that every answer
leads to more questions, which don't seem to have answers that I can
understand!

My old Mac Performa was slow as can be but it never crashed and was
totally reliable.  I hate this constant having to up-date, change,
refigure, re-install.

Why can't computer manufacturers just make a good product and leave it
alone?

Kathryn