[muglo] FireBird nightlies?

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:41:14 -0500

Does anyone know why the FireBird nightly build now comes up with a full
build of Mozilla 1.7a and not FireBird?

I have a version of FireBird (0.7a) that is looking very much like Camino
(perhaps Camino's writers have shifted projects?). FireBird got rid of the
REALLY annoying collapsing toolbars (started with Communicator). The ones
where you're left with this silly little line on the top of the window.

Time for me to submit a few interface bug reports. When you hide the toolbar
(with the top-right button in the window bar) you also end up hiding tabs
(no good). Time for them to fix that interface bug.

Also, when you cycle through windows (command-`) you can get to a
non-existent window (of course, all Mozilla-based browsers suffer from that
problem).

Perhaps in a few development cycles FireBird will be worth paying attention
to (it's still too rough around the edges that the faster display engine
doesn't make up for the interface bugs).

Eric.