[muglo] Re: Lost file - the latest in the continuing saga

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:17:48 -0500

Hmm. Me thinks your computer is possed with some angels and demons (and,
unfortunately the angels are winning so things are going wrong).

One way you can try to get at your file is to go into PowerPoint and open up
the file directly from the floppy disk. This should work if you actually
saved the file to the disk.

Also, if you know the name of the file (which, I presume you do) you should
do a search in the Finder for part of the file name.

In PowerPoint there should be a list of recently opened files. Open up PP
and select the appropriate file from the list. Then, save it somewhere else
where you *know* where it is.

Finally, I would *strongly* recommend that you develop an alternative method
to moving files. Floppy disks are pretty much defunct and thus software
support for them is dwindling rapidly.

Eric.

[Off topic]

Zzzzzzzz. Morning (as does afternoon & evening for the most part) BBC
*sucks* (for that matter, morning BBC radio sucks too... they even have
religious services on the public broadcaster... bizarre paradox. The country
is completely apathetic to religion yet it's part of gov't (perhaps that's
what's allowed it to be relegated to apathy where it belongs in free and
just societies)... if only the royal family was relegated to apathy. It's
time Canada ditched the queen and became a republic (and also revamped its
electoral system and created the post of President, separate from Prime
Minister with separate responsibilities).

PS What is really scary is that Fox "News" (about as large an oxymoron as
has ever existed) is viable enough to have a slot on cable TV here. I
watched it for about five minutes and was so utterly disgusted by it that I
had to turn off the TV. Fox *really* is hyper-religious (they'd be fervent
supporters of the Taliban if they were x-ian), stupidly-right wing, and
extremely bigoted (Arabs, Muslims and blacks were the evils that particular
day). I guess it fits the typical tabloid mentality of "news" around here so
I guess that's why it's viable.

Eric.