[muglo] Duplicate and triplicate emails

  • From: Theresa Roth <theresaroth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MUGLO <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:12:07 -0400

Hello again,
I¹m reporting on the continuing saga of duplicate/triplicate emails.

I have a G4, am using Safari 4 and Entourage from Office 2008 for Mac.

In the early spring, when the beta version of Safari 4 was released, I
upgraded to it and started noticing, right away, that I was receiving
duplicate, and sometimes triplicate emails. These do not arrive all at once
but after a certain amount of time had passed and only when I haven¹t
deleted them from Entourage. I went back to Safari 3 and the problem
disappeared.

A month ago, when Safari 4 was officially released, I upgraded to it. The
duplicate business started up again. A short while later, there was an
update downloaded that eliminated the problem. The most recent update
brought the problem back in full force.

Any ideas on how to eliminate this? There has been some discussion about
Entourage using some aspect if Safari for the purpose of getting emails off
the server.

Theresa