[GeoStL] Re: Two things

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 06:27:52 -0700 (PDT)

-
Hi Brad and Family,

Welcome to SLAGA and the the wonderful obsession we call a hobby :).
Be sure to plan if you can to come to the fall picnic this year and join in on
some of the group hunts that are happening off and on. You will meet some great
people and have a lot of fun doing it. You did not say if you had children or
their ages but the group in STL has kids of many ages so I am sure they will
feel at home too.
The only bit of advice I can give on Megellan is be sure NOT to leave it
plugged into the cigarette lighter of your car when you start it. That can
cause a lot of problems. I use a Sportrak and a Garmin Camo.....both of which I
like and both of which have features that I wish the other had. All I can say
is be sure to read the instruction booklet and practice using all the features
you have (I still don't know how to use half of them on mine ) and kepp hoping
that SLAGA will again put on a GPS users workshop for us beginners.

Hope to meet you all sometime and cache along with you

Dan aka Thunder_Monk from Rolla MO
Brad Myers <bmyers88@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-
First I just wanted to say hi. My family is new to geocaching. We seen the
article in the STL Post Dispatch and since then we have been hooked. Prior to
the article, we had never heard of geocaching.
Secondly, we purchased a Magellan Gold. So far we have been able to find eleven
caches. I was just wondering if anyone had any helpful hints about the Magellan
or anything to avoid. Thanks for the help and I look forward to meeting you all.

Brad Myers (AMH209)
Subject field

Subject field