[GeoStL] Re: Suggestions?

  • From: Tom Wolpert <tom_wolpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 08:54:10 -0800 (PST)

Needs maintenance?  Really??!

Good luck with that educational project.  I suppose you're going to have to
contact him/her to find out where it is now.  That would be a good time to
mention the fact that moving it is a bad plan since now the owner can't find it
either.  As for the rest of it,  I'd suggest something along the line of "ya
know, the GPS is only good to 25-30 feet. You might be off 25 feet one way and
the CO might have been off 25 feet the other way... So it's still a pretty big
circle even when things are just as they should be."  And while you're at it,
might not be a bad time to mention the difference between DNF, found it but it
was hard, and needs maintenance :-D.

Of course, I AM a grumpy old man, so I might not be the best person to make
suggestions.

Tom