[GeoStL] Re: St. Charles caching assoc

  • From: Chris Schaeffer <krzcooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 03 Jan 2003 16:38:28 -0600

I should be on the list. I have been receiving it ever since I signed
up. I used to be signed up as krzcooter@xxxxxxx but I cancelled that
email address and signed up as krzcooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I have been
getting the emails flawlessly ever since I signed up about 1 year ago.

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 21:00, Glenn wrote:

    - I *really* do appreciate his enthusiasm and admire his desire.  I
    encourage his participation in whatever way he wishes to
    participate. I would also encourage him, however, to check with the
    local cachers in st. Charles before he gets too far along. There are
    many issues that are of particular concern for the cachers in St.
    Charles,  they may have some valuable input for him. I am sure he
    may contact BruceS (1500+finds) nearly anytime and I am sure
    Tribble, jen, & the others are there to help him as well.

    Unfortunately, Chris is NOT on the email list and unless someone is
    passing him mail, he is not receiving any of this discussion.

    Other than making us look like an unorganized bunch of splinter
    groups that are not working together in any sort of coordinated way,
    i see absolutely no harm in him setting up another organization.
    Its great fun and i wish him all the best of luck.

    I read part of a chapter in my science book on weather once and i
    have seen a cloud. Excuse me whilst i go build a weather station.
    This could be fun.

    glenn

    At 07:03 AM 1/2/2003 -0600, Mike Griffin wrote:

        -
        I couldn't agree more. I guess sometimes we forget the
        enthusiasm we had
        wh4en we found our first cache. Someone had to be excited enough
        to start
        SLAGA.. I am sure that the same enthusiasm is busting out of
        weatherexpert.
        His emails to me about our Winter Rendezvous show his excitement
        for the
        sport.

        If you think back, some will have to think way back, to when you
        were 13
        years old, St. Louis seemed like a country. To travel from St.
        Charles to
        Arnold was a major haul. To the young mind before driving a mile
        seems like
        3. It takes forever to get from one place to the other. "Are we
        there Yet?"
        So perhaps he just thinks that as big as St. Charles is, there
        is a need for
        a new organization.

        I think we should be less critical and encourage him to share
        the site with
        his buddies. He is still a member of SLAGA and what harm will
        come from him
        setting up his own site?

        Encourage a youth of today and they will lead tomorrow. Lets not
        ridicule
        him. Lets appreciate him.

        The Brawny Bear