[GeoStL] Re: St. Charles caching assoc

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 21:08:45 -0600

-
We have a Starwars page, we could easily have a special st. charles section if there is a need. All we need now is someone to lead the team.... anyone want to do such a thing? or know anyone that would want to?? (hint, hint) :-)

glenn

At 10:55 AM 1/2/2003 -0600, you wrote:

-
I didn't realize he was a kid, I was under the assumption he was a scout
leader too. I personally never looked at his profile. I just thought it was
interesting that someone would go to the trouble to create a new group, when
he had connections with someone in SLAGA and should know it existed. This
does shed some light on it a little.

 While I certainly don't discourage his enthusiasm, I also don't see a need
to reinvent the wheel. But, maybe some of us in St. Charles should contact
him and offer to pick him up for group hunts or whatever.

 If he has some good webskills, we should encourage him to join our site
managers. Maybe he could create some special features on SLAGA for the youth
members or something. I personally feel all that great enthusiasm and work
should be put toward working with this great support group instead of
spending all his time recreating something that has already been done.

I have found SLAGA members to be very helpful and I am sure we would be
willing to work to make SLAGA helpful to him.

Jen

"Let mercy lead; Let love be the strength in your legs; And in every
footprint that you leave; There'll be a drop of grace" ~ Beaker/Rich Mullins

 The SLAGA E-store is closed for image repairs......

Glenn
St. Louis, Mo