[GeoStL] Re: Should I Attach A Photo To My Caches?

  • From: "P ekey" <pkekey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 14:25:20 +0000

-

A picture is never as good as the "real" view. It simply can't record ALL of the possible sights. Even Island-Dave's 360 degree photos miss some of the most beautiful elements of a particular location. Photos give me an idea about what I would miss if I never seek the cache, though, and that's an incentive to go out and find it. Go ahead and post the pictures!

Pam E. (Tribble)

Since I live in the boonies and have very few caches available to find, I've been hiding caches. Someone suggested that I attach photos of the area where I've hidden the cache. My whole purpose of hiding caches is to make people aware of some great scenery, so the suggestion makes some sense. However, I'm worried that it will ruin the surprise--that the "Wow! I'm glad I bushwhacked across three states to see this place" will be reduced to "Well, I think the picture's better."