[bksvol-discuss] Re: .txt and .rtf

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:36:46 -0500

I'm game.

Praitk

Pratik Patel
Interim Director
Office of Special Services
Queens College
Director
CUNY Assistive Technology Services
The City University of New York
     ppatel@xxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jane Dickison
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 10:18 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: .txt and .rtf

Hi Mike,

I hear what you are saying about the number of books on the download page.
I wrote the following e-mail yesterday and got no response.  I'm going to
take a chance and post it again.  I don't know if it's doable or not.

Hi gang,

I have an idea I would like to run by you.  What would you think about each
volunteer taking at least one book off the download page next week to
validate?  My reason for saying next week is because that would give you a
little time to tie up any loose ends you are working on now.  Wouldn't it be

kool to have a fresh download page to start the new year?If we declared one
week as tying up the loose ends of BookShare submitted books, I bet you
would see a big difference in the download page.  If a book is too bad to
validate, you can always reject it and we can start from scratch.

OK....I might be sorry for asking this, but how many of you are game?

Love,

Jane