[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validation question:

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:23:16 -0600

Everyone I've heard of having the upload problem has had highspeed Internet of
some type.  I think only because dialup users don't even try to deal with huge
books.  One of those people even had a business's connection with unusually
fast upload speeds, so I am absolutely sure that the problem is a bookshare
one.  Too bad they are in denile about it.  The lack of acknowledgement has
really discouraged people.  I hope zipping helps in this case.  People at
bookshare always suggest sending the file as an attachment, but most people's
E-mail provider won't allow the sending of big enough attachments to send any
book large enough to be a problem. They are also always saying that they
experience no trouble uploading the book to the system, so the problem must be
on the user's end, but of course that is silly since they are pretty much right
there and wouldn't be uploading to the system in the same way as someone
accessing bookshare over the Internet.

BTW, the percentages blabbed by JAWS come from the explorer progress bar, which
is not entirely connected with reality in the case of uploading and page
dialog.  This is all to say that you really don't know at what point the upload
fails, but since it never ends you do know that it does fail, so the point of
failure doesn't really matter to the sufferer.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity