[bksvol-discuss] Re: Thanks to good submitters!

  • From: "Kaitlyn Hill" <Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:44:20 -0700

Learning the settings for your scanning can make a difference too. When I
started scanning I use the K1000 defaults. I got some good scans but after
playing with a number of books and different settings I find most pages will
now scan in at 98.6 or above with many pages at 100. I have also found when
you take a over all rating for a book it's the early pages and table of
contents that bring that rating down.

I am finding too that FineReader will do a table of contents much better
than scansoft.

Kaitlyn :)