[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question about Page Setup in Word.

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 17:06:15 -0700 (PDT)

Paula,

Are you talking about printing?  or validating and
leaving the file on your computer or uploading it?

I only use Page Set-up if I'm going to print
something, and then I check Print Preview to see if
the margins I've set will allow everything to be
showing or will be cut off. As long as everything will
be printed, I answer No.

When I'm validating, I don' t use Page Set-up but go
to Document in the Format file and use that to set
both side and top-and-bottom margins in order to make
the page breaks come out where they do in the book.
Occasionally, but rarely, I've had to use smaller
font, or a different font that maybe has smaller
letters or less space between letters. I've never made
a top or bottom margin less than .5, but I suppose one
could.

I have found that, especially when there is a lot of
dialog, one has to indent between paragraphs rather
than skip a line.

Once or twice, in all the validating I've done over
the past two and a half (I think) years, I've moved a
last line from one page to the top of the next, when
absolutely nothing else worked.  I didn't think that
was any worse that moving one half of a hyphenated
word to anoher page to join its other half.

Cindy

-- Paula and James Muysenberg

http://mail.yahoo.com