[bksvol-discuss] Re: Page 134 of Down to the Bonny Glen

  • From: Pamela Hoffard <crosssttch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 07:55:46 -0700 (PDT)

Andy,
Here goes for page 134:
weepin' in despair. The eagle swooped down and asked her what ailed her, and
when she told him, he said happen he'd fly over the wall get the bark fer her.
The lass cheered up at once and begged him to do it, and in a flash he screamed
fer the giant, who took her inside and said she'd have to be his servant. He
left her wi' the sack o' wool and warned her that it must be all combed and
carded and spun before he returned, and he left her alone in her misery.
The lass thought she'd just have a bite to eat before beginnin' and the moment
she sat doon wi' her porridge, in trooped the crowd o' Wee Folk again.
"Please give us a bite to eat!" they begged, and the lass, feeling as cross and
hungry as her sister had the day before, waved her spoon at them told them to
be off.
[This is in Italics]"There's little fer one, and less fer two,And nivver a
grain I have fer you!"
[Many usual spellings in this ONE! - good luck!]
Pam