[bksvol-discuss] Re: Monday's meeting

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:00:55 -0800

Hello. I would like to dispute a couple points in your message. First, yes there is software currently in beta test which allows one to create DAISY books. Just because it is uncommon doesn't immediately mean that it is from an illegal or commercial source. Second, I would like to see the elimination of .brf. It is inconvenient to convert to a usable format for those without embossers or Braille displays and there is a far more likely chance of an illegal brf being submitted because of NLS and web Braille files. Unfortunately, MS Word is very common so .doc really needs to be supported. I would like to see the system convert .doc to .rtf though before the book gets to the validation pool.