[bksvol-discuss] Re: An alternative to validating fair quality submissions

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:32:41 -0800 (PST)

It's unfair of my to comment ("then why are you?" I
hear someone saying) but I'm not a bleeding heart,
(well, at times, but not now), and I don't think that
a person who continually submits Fair scans, which are
usually poor, deserves the submission credits. Some
newbies and deserving people occasionally submit a
Fair scan, for one reason or another, and some post
here so we know--or we offer to validate it for
various reasons. But if a person had a scan rejected
once or twice and the reasons given, if he/she didn't
take the time to improve, then he/she doesn't deserve
the credit.

An alternative might be, if the scanner's name and
e-mail address are on the scan, that he/she be
contacted by the validator and told that the book
needs to be rescanned because it's too time-consuming
in its present condition to be validated properly and
the suggestion made that the scanner reject the book
and submit a replacement.

G.Cindy

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/