[bksvol-discuss] Re: An alternative to validating fair quality submissions

  • From: "Mike and Lori Castner" <mandlcastner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:14:22 -0800

The problem with our current rating system is that the system is not fair to
the people who submit scanned books.  They are asked to eyeball the book and
say what rating it should have.  Some are modest and say this book is either
fair or good, while others are overly proud of their work and say it's
excellent.  I've validated books which are either much better or much worse
than the submitter says.
Mike