[AR] Re: Nozzle shapes

  • From: Carlo Vaccari <airplaniac2002@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 14:45:08 -0500

I have far less experience in motor design than most people on the list,
but I remember reading somewhere: a chamberless engine can be created
inside of a cone. Perhaps the Russian engines use this principle to gain
energy from combustion that occurs in the bell.

This speculation of mine could all be based on imagined evidence, of
course, so take my word with a giant cave full of salt crystals:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cristales_cueva_de_Naica.JPG