[AR] Re: New Al Alloy

  • From: Bill Claybaugh <wclaybaugh2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 16:04:24 -0400

If one wants to replace 6061, look to 2095, 2199 and the like.  If it were
available as tube, Al-Li could replace my existing 6061-T6 solid rocket tube
with 1/2 the wall thickness and accordingly 1/2 the weight...and a little more
propellant as a bonus.  Even at current prices, I would make that trade if I
didn't have to start w/ an ingot.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone