[AR] Re: LOX valves

  • From: Carl Tedesco <ctedesco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 09:41:36 -0700

Rick,

Such a valve is not readily available that I am aware of. Here are some alternatives ideas:

 * Buy a 3 piece stainless steel ball valve (with teflon seals &
   seats). These come in socket weld ports or female NPT. Then screw or
   weld your own -8 AN fittings on the end. Are you trying to omit a
   pipe thread seal? Don't forget to drill a vent hole in the ball
   (debur it well so it doesn't scratch the ball seals). Clean it well
   too. Add a small film of krytox to the ball and seals when
   re-assembling.
 * McMaster Carr has these AN port ball valves....
   http://www.mcmaster.com/#3710k33/=ue4zy6. Not LOX rated. Also, only
   rated to 200 psi. I believe Paul Breed tested one to higher
   pressure. You might contact him and ask him for details.  Ditto with
   the cleaning, krytox'ing, and venting the ball.
 * Call Carlos at Norton sales. He may have something.

--- Carl

On 10/30/2014 1:20 PM, Rick Maschek wrote:
I am in need of a source for LOX valves for 1/2" AN fittings.
Thanks,
Rick

--
Carl Tedesco