[AR] Re: BALLS 2013

  • From: Ben Brockert <wikkit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 00:48:03 -0600

"The Ohio crew had a scary moment when their N/O lit immediately upon
hooking it up. It catoed a hundred feet up or so; thankfully not on
the pad. After the smoke & dust cleared, the Bill Goods and Gary
Dickinson appeared unscathed."
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f286/ECayemberg/Balls%2022%20launch/127_zps91c9344a.jpg

I'm really curious how that happened but no one wants to talk about it.

The O25000 is impressive. Burned out at 500 feet and coasted to 29000.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f286/ECayemberg/Balls%2022%20launch/100_zps7660080b.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_bT8Pu09IY#t=120

Would make a good strap on for getting a full amateur slow liquid off
the pad. That's 5620 lbf of thrust, for the imperial.

Ben