[procps] Re: w and "make check"

  • From: Craig Small <csmall-procps@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 08:05:35 +1000

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 11:25:37AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> the point is to make the tests stable and allow for the debate as to the
> expected output in other locales to continue in parallel.  the tests are for
> functionality, not making sure localizations stay up to date.
That's exactly correct.  My main priority was to ensure the tests pass
for everyone no matter what is their native locale.

A second question then is; for this specific line are we handling
localisation correctly? Or what is the right way of doing this.

> lack of contributed translation for strings is not a valid reason for
> disabling localization everywhere.  the correct answer is to fix the missing
> translation strings.  feel free to contribute some.
Ah, that's another question to discuss.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au