[procps] Re: Last call for procps 3.3.8

  • From: Gilles Espinasse <g.esp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 23:54:59 +0200 (CEST)

----- Mail original -----

I send in march a patch to skip kill test when running runtest instead of make
check.
//www.freelists.org/post/procps/PATCH-procpsng-skip-kill-test-too-if-running-runtest
This still apply to the git tree.
'make check' output is too noisy and unreadable, while cd testsuite && runtest
is short and easy to read.
I think special cases like testing kill only if kill has been build should be
pushed to .exp script, or Makefile would become hard to read.

I mostly know how to change 'make check' output to be more readable in the
futur but that will not be for 3.3.8. Basically, this imply to rename
<cmd>.test directories to procps.<cmd> and 'make check' output is changed to be
shorter and more readable.

I send another patch the same day to simplify DEJAGNU workaround. Patch was not
complete as I forgot to remove the now unneeded and empty
testsuite/global-conf.exp file from Makefile.am. This is fixed with V2 send
today.

I made another patch today as which is not yet available on LFS build order.
My proposal is to replace 'which sleep' with sh -c "command -v sleep".

Gilles