[procps] uptime : human readable switch

  • From: Jaromir Capik <jcapik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: procps-ng <procps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 08:29:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hello folks.

I have a question related to the following commit:
https://gitorious.org/procps/procps/commit/3e7f78d296e610922daa7e144f52a77392705563

It was merged to the libproc1 branch a year ago,
but the code apparently never got in the master
branch.

I found a year old RFE in bugzilla, where David Cantrell,
who wrote this feature for procps several years ago,
is asking for inclusion in procps. I exchanged few messages
with him and he seems to be a bit frustrated by the situation
and it seems he lost his hope, that the feature will ever
appear in any distribution and will be available for users.
I think situations like that should not happen, because it
discourages our potential contributors. It's partially
my fault. I should ask earlier.

Craig, I see you closed the merge request a year ago.
If you still remember the case, could you please tell me more?
If there's any reason why the feature is still waiting
for being merged to master, then please, tell me.

Thanks,
Jaromir.

--
Jaromir Capik
Red Hat Czech, s.r.o.

Email: jcapik@xxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.cz.redhat.com
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45, Brno, Czech Republic
IC: 27690016