RE: HTML DB - here to stay?

  • From: "Doug Gault" <Doug.Gault@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:57:21 -0500

   I've had a lot of past experience with HTML-DB and have implemented at two
   customer facing applications that also linked in to Oracle's Single Sign
   On.

   Before I went down this road, I talked to the Oracle Product development
   manager for HTML-DB (Sergio Luscenin?) and he assured me that Oracle was
   devoting both human and monetary resources for further development.

   I've also heard about the RAPTOR project (fully written in HTMLDB) and am
   pretty anxious to see that.

   The only thing I would add to others who have already spoken up is that
   along with reasonable PL/SQL knowledge, you need to have a fair
   understanding of the HTML DOM and how HTTP applications work in terms of
   POST and GET. It will save some confusion later.

   Doug Gault (doug.gault@xxxxxxxxxx)
   Products Development Manager

   Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.

   817.488.6200 x565 Office