Re: Complete recovery

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "painterman" <painterman@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 06:29:50 -0400

David what you want is incomplete recovery, if u do complete, as u have seen it
will not be recovered, assuming u know when it was dropped, u will need to
recover to just before then and do open resetlogs,  if this is not feasible
since you will lose all txs since the drop, then restore the to some other
server, do incomplete recovery over there, open resetlogs and export the table
from there, then import that to the original db.

Hth, joe
Sent from the crackberry, so please excuse the typos and terseness.