Re: ADMIN: list changes

  • From: <nsouto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 11:16:11 +1000 (EST)

> On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 01:02, Nuno Souto wrote:

> That depends on:
>
> * your definition of DBA ( it does vary)
> * your boss's definition of DBA
> * the size of the shop
>
> I've never held the position of data architect, but have
> nonetheless done a fair bit of data modeling.

'sOK.  I've never held the position of sparkie, but have
nonetheless done a fair bit of fixing electrical connections
wherever I've been.

Those are all subjective definitions, depending on subjective
interpretations of what are well defined industry standards.
I'll stick with these standards rather than "boss" or "Oracle"
definitions, everytime.  They tend to last longer.

The bottom line to me seems to be that this was an Oracle technical
discussion list, not a DBA list.  All subjects relating on how to use
the Oracle RDBMS should be fair go.  Not just the ones specific
to dbas.  That includes tips/ideas/discussion on design,
development, analysis and so on.  As well as of course,
tuning/recovering/managing.  Like it has always been.

If this is to change now I'll have to look somewhere else
for the kind of info I like to see/hear.  Not a great problem.