Re: ADMIN: list changes

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 08:49:42 -0700

On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 08:09, Hemant K Chitale wrote:
> No, the Reply-To should remain "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" as this is a
> discussion list.
> Most replies ARE intended to go to the whole list.  It is only a small
> proportion of replies
> that are to an individual.  So the default should be the whole list.

Well, Steve gets the final say in it, as he is the guy
that can mark the checkbox on freelists.  :)

Personally, I've always preferred to have the default reply
to to be the poster, requiring 'reply-to-all' in your
favorite MUA if you want the reply to go to the list as well.

Someone mentioned not liking getting 2 emails in reply, one
personal, one to the list.

There's a big advantage to the personal reply: it often arrives
before the reply to the list. Might be considered an
advantage at times.

Jared