Re: stored verses realtime image: was optacon on Ipaq

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:58:19 -0800

Hello all,

As most6 of you know, except Olga who is new to the list, I work for IBM and
used the optacon to read a CRT screen as a programmer for ten years, then as
a technical writer for over six years. I suspect a lot of us wouldn't have
jobs without the optacon, and a lot of people in power don't recognize that.
So, I can understand the need for immediate responses with a device like the
optacon; if the image is stored, you cannot see the computer screen change,
and when you are programming or watching something run in real time, you
need that response as quickly as possible. I worked with main frames, and
still do, but I suspect in Windows you would need even better access,
because a lot is going on in Windows, all over the screen, all the time. As
a lot of people have said, why don't most people understand what we are all
saying?

Mary