[optacon-l] Re: creating an audio demo for ACB Radio and other internetradio stations

  • From: gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:01:49 -0500

I can just imagine:  "Bzzzzzzzzzz." My sister used to say she couldn't
sleep at night when I'd be up looking at something and the sound of that
bee buzzing away would conduct through the wall between our bedrooms.
Somebody mentioned looking at guitar fingerings, and that reminded me of
looking at the fingering chart for my recorder (the flute, that is).  I
could explore each chart item for each note and see which holes were
covered and which uncovered for each note.  They even had alternative
fingerings which were given in lower contrast which could be easily
distinguished from the main fingerings, especially if I played with the
Threshold control.

Cheers,
Jerry

PS:  My instructor was Sandy Poorman who must have gone out to California
in the mid-seventies and then come back to Illinois (where I lived at the
time) armed to teach blind kids with an interest in learning the Optacon.

JBliss Judy <judy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: optacon-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
01/12/2009 12:03 PM
Please respond to
optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[optacon-l] Re: creating an audio demo for ACB Radio and other
internetradio stations

Dear Jerry,

Great to hear what you've been doing with your Optacon.  I remember the
first student I had who wanted to read all sorts of gauges for a radio
station, I think it was, and we went to a local college radio station and
he had a ball.

Judy Adams