[optacon-l] Re: Tactile Array [was: : TSI and the Good Old days!]

  • From: gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:51:35 -0500

I agree.  I thought I heard once that the Video TIM had pin spacing
similar to a braille cell and that that coarseness of resolution was one
thing people didn't like.
Regards,
Jerry

"Paula and James Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: optacon-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
01/13/2009 11:37 AM
Please respond to
optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[optacon-l] Tactile Array [was: : TSI and the Good Old days!]

Keith,

    I agree that the array is the biggest problem. Personally, I wouldn't
want pins as big as those used for braille displays. The benefit of the
optacon, at least with the R1, was that it could show tiny differences
between letters. Years ago, I used to read Hebrew a little, and those tiny
differences were really important in knowing which letter was which. Even
with English, there are times when I need to distinguish between a period
and a
comma, for example, and depending on the print, that can be a challenge.

Regards,
Paula