[optacon-l] Re: Needing the Basics

  • From: "Eileen Misrahi" <eileenmis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 08:21:33 -0800

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your lengthy explanation. With others on this list, I know that I
have a fighting chance to learn this wonderful device. I personally feel
that there is a place for the Optacon. Look at me! I lost my vision long
after it was invented and I am thrilled that I was able to purchase one.
Funny that some have stated that instructors were negative in promoting the
training of the Optacon. It was one of my instructors at the Colorado Center
for the Blind (my own blind training) that suggested to find this device and
purchase it.

Thanks again for your detailed description on how to set up my training
materials.

Eileen