[optacon-l] Re: Learning the Optacon & Finding Signature Line

  • From: "H & C Arnold" <4carolyna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 19:52:57 -0400

David, good points all the way around. When I lived alone, it didn't take
long to know what to expect on my regular statements, but when something out
of the ordinary came along, like a lease, I had to study more carefully. I
think that the more one does that, the more proficient one becomes. Right
now, I'm not doing it all that much, so am not as good as I once was.

At that time, I was paying my credit cards by mail, and have an IBM
Selectric. I figured with Optacon where the dollar sign was to fill in the
paid amount, would roll it into typewriter and type a figure, then roll
back, check to see the distance from the dollar sign on the statement sheet,
roll back and take out, if in wrong place and correct. So, whenever I sent
the check I would have the amount paid filled in on the slip you send to the
company. Now, I pay online and to tell you the truth and glad not to be
doing all that rolling around and lining up.

DOG - Depend on God,

Carolyn