[optacon-l] Re: Learning the Optacon & Finding Signature Line

  • From: "Steve" <k8sp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 15:50:50 -0400

Hi Eileen,

The easiest way to find a signature line is to find the line using the
camera.  You will notice on the side of the camera, in line with the
aperture, is a little line.  If you can align something with that then you
are on the correct vertical level for the signature.

I had to sign a lot of documents at work.  What I ended up doing was a bit
experimental.  I took a paper weight and placed it on the paper.  I
discovered how far I had to set it above the signature line so I could use
it as a top guide for signing forms.  There is about an inch from the top of
the camera to where the aperture is, so if you find the signature line, you
can place the paperweight on the top edge of the camera, read along the
bottom of the paperweight to make sure it is aligned horizontally, then
adjust the paperweight down slightly if the signature area is smaller.

Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

Steve
Lansing, MI