Re: A personal anniversary

  • From: "Peggy Kern" <kernsac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:12:33 -0700

I first read about the Optacon in the mid-70's, and got real excited.  TSI
sent me literature on it, and I daydreamed about it constantly.  Then I had
the opportunity to see an Optacon, which I think must have been
malfunctioning or something, because I couldn't feel anything on it.  I was
devastated.  A few years later when Rehab was helping me find a job, they
mentioned the Optacon, and they had a TSI rep come up and give me a demo.
This Optacon worked just like I'd dreamed, and I wanted to steal it and keep
it.  <grin>  I went for training in January of 1979, and have been using an
Optacon ever since.  I don't necessarily use it every day, but pretty close
to it.  I don't know how blind people survive without it, when they want to
know what something is, or when they need to put something in a window
envelope the right way, or whatever.  I love my Optacon.

Peggy
http://kernsac.livejournal.com/