[muglo] Re: video download

  • From: Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 23:51:29 -0500

Hi Wayne

I think that my earlier message was a bit incorrect; all I had done
was to use their (example) given below starting:  "To download a
video to your computer, enter........ " which seemed to work.  When I
tried another URL from a YouTube site I had the same effect, namely,
the link "Download Link"; when this link is clicked a list of
RealPlayer Downloader List appears with a file titled "untitled"
followed by a size and the word "Download"; when this is clicked the
file is downloaded into a folder "RealPlayer Downloads" in the
"Movies" folder.  Having downloaded the file into this folder, you
can then play it in RealPlayer, VLC, MPEG Streamclip and maybe
others?  After downloading, the word "Download" in the RealPlayer
Downloader changes to ">Play" and clicking on this will play the file
in RealPlayer.

I am sorry for the length of this description which makes it look
difficult - but once done I think you will find it fairly simple...
though perhaps a bit clumsy...  hope this helps.

By the way I am using OS X 10.4.11.

All the best with it

Paul