[muglo] Re: back to color printing

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:23:01 -0700 (PDT)

From: Theresa Roth <theresaroth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
I work with pages and pages of pics when I am infield. I print in color as
a whole page of small b&w 30-40 images all look the same to me and I am unable
to see the difference. Color works beautifully but I am going through a lot of
tone ($100/toner).
  Theresa, forgive me if I've missed something obvious, but it sounds as if
you're printing these photos purely for proofing purposes, to select which of a
series of candidate images you'll then want to use for some further project.
Wouldn't it be practical to bypass the preliminary printing altogether and
compare your photos, in colour, on the screen, with Preview?    You can drag 40
or more images at a time onto Preview's icon in the Dock; the first one will
open in Preview's main screen at whatever size you like and the others will be
ranked vertically in a separate pane at the right, in Thumbnail size. Selecting
any of them will open them in the main pane, replacing the previous one.
Clicking back and forth will let you compare similar images instantly.