[muglo] Re: Welcome! (was Re: Survey)

  • From: Mary <iMary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:39:12 -0500

At 5:49 PM -0500 1/22/04, Martin Albinger wrote:

>Theresa Roth wrote:
>>    What is Panther?
>>
>Panther is just another name for the Mac OSX 10.3 operating
>system which is likely what you have on your laptop.

Hi Martin,

Note that Theresa has said that she is using OS X 10.2.7 on her PowerBook.

And Theresa, as Martin explained, Panther is the code name of the
latest Mac operating system, OS X 10.3. Your operating system, OS X
10.2 is code-named "Jaguar". There was a succession of minor updates
to 10.2, yours being one of the last. (The last is 10.2.8.)

10.3, Panther, is available for sale to Mac users for about $180.00.
It also comes as part of the package with any new (qualifying) Mac.
You should be able to get it, for about $30.00, by looking here.
http://www.apple.com/ca/macosx/uptodate/

Good deal for you, I think. OS X is continually being enhanced and
refined and Panther is where it's at, right now. (Apologies to OS 9
lovers. ;-)

  Mary