[muglo] Re: Welcome! (was Re: Survey)

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:49:27 -0500

Theresa Roth wrote:
>   What is Panther?

Panther is just another name for the Mac OSX 10.3 operating
system which is likely what you have on your laptop. The pervious
version was know as Jaguar (Mac OSX 10.2.x where the x stands for
a gazzilion different updates) and the next version of the
software is likely to be another "cat" name - your guess as good
as mine but maybe "cheetah" or "puma" on "lynx"?

The PC world uses such nicknames too. The next version of Windows
XP is call Longhorn.

[aside] I figure that stands for "it's been so long since it's
been announced" and once it does get here you won't be able to
"shoe horn the operating system" into anything less than Intel's
chip that comes out the following year whenever that is.

Martin